High schools from Zagreb will participate in the organization of the World School Volleyball Championship. Students of Nursing school Vinogradska, Zagreb will participate in activities related to championship through pilot project ‘Medics in School Sports’. The best, award-winning students of the school will participate at the World School Volleyball Championship.
Common goals of this collaboration are to develop a higher level of the medical education throughout health education and educational workshops that will hopefully contribute to the further development of the school sport system.
- Licensed medical workers – teachers – mentors (Emergency medical procedures)
- Providing professional medical assistance and taking care of minor sports injuries in sports halls
- Medical intervention in taking care of competitors in accommodation (competitor check-ups before and after competition)
- Communicating with health institutions in case of major injuries or other serious medical conditions
- Creating schedules for students in sports halls, 4 courts in 2 halls
- Execution of educational workshops on health
- assisting their mentors in providing professional medical care and interventions in taking care of minor injuries in sports objects
- assisting mentors in taking care of competitors in accommodation (possible competitor check-ups before and after competition)
- active participation in preparing and executing of educational workshops on health